I’ll have something like this with the list but not the description as I will have that in work with me. So this will be a list
Literary excellence comes down to telling a compelling story in as few words as possible while demanding an understanding of grammar and style.
An active mentor, writing coach, and proficient proof-reader, I enjoy membership in the Canadian Authors Association, and the Professional Writers Association of Canada. A recipient of awards for poetry and short fiction, my background includes: contract work of over 350 narratives for the Government of Alberta; legacy writing for individuals in hospice and for institutionalized adults; freelance work for magazines and the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, radio; website-content creation and editing for North American clients; publication in an anthology of fiction, and the creation and facilitation of several specialized writing workshops.
I’ve served my apprenticeship through the process of many submissions, reviews and rewrites. Drawing from Canadian and British citizenship and furthering life’s adventure in a 2010 move to Mexico have provided opportunities to write for a diverse audience. In the past few years I’ve completed five works of fiction, one of which is currently with a New York based agent.
I divide my time between fiction and non-fiction—the latter which includes website-content. Though my expression in this description is formal, I am comfortable in all voices, from Canuck-casual to black-tie only.
Main body of work
Over 350 narratives Lifebooks for the Government of Alberta
Lifebooks are lengthy, thoroughly researched, sensitively written, creatively organized narratives composed for child-clients so they can: be aware of the circumstances under which they came into care, read their experiences of their life-so-far (where they’ve been, whom they spent time with – essentially the good, the bad, and the ugly), and access the information with new family and/or with therapists).
RADIO 1995-2002 (Written, performed, and aired multiple times on national radio)
- Canadian Broadcasting Corporation – Teen Parents
- Canadian Broadcasting Corporation – Walking
- Canadian Broadcasting Corporation – Parenting
Western Living: The Powwow
- Red Deer Living: Revitalization of Downtown
- Red Deer Living: Festival of Trees
- Our World: Volunteering as Seniors
- Disabilities Magazine: Sexuality
- Family Zoo: Are We There Yet?
- Family Zoo: Nana’s Nanaimo Bars
- Alexandra Writers’ Centre: Recycling Writing
- Glenbow Museum Annual Report: Museum Schooling
- Stoltz Consulting – Central Alberta Economic Development (series for regional newspapers)
- Situation Beads
- With Carr
- InSight Web Design
- Global Excavation
- Anita’s Decorating
- In-Depth Dental Hygiene
- Clarity Incorporated
- Neil Goldhar, Toronto
- Albrico Kaefer International
- The Mustard Seed Homeless Shelter
- Sonshine House Residence
- Scope Mental Health
- Developmental Disability Resource Centre
- Calgary Pregnant and Parenting Teens in Association with Louise Dean School
- LaVita on the Sea
- Pat Henry
- THE FIRST PAGE
Co-creator and co-facilitator of continuing education course at Mount Royal College.
- SUPERCHARGED SEPTEMBER
Co- creator and co-facilitator presented to Puerto Vallarta Writers Group.
- COTTON CANDY AND ZOMBIES: WRITING TO THE HEART OF A CHILD
Co-creator and co-facilitator at 2011 Puerto Vallarta Writers Conference.
- 2000 First Prize Short Fiction CWA – “Uneasy Convention”
- 2002 First Prize Brendon Donnelly Award for Children’s Literature – “Nana’s Nanaimo Bars”
- 2004 Runner-up Western Canada History/Cochrane Ranch Alberta “Frank Slide”
- 2012 Anthology placement Short Fiction – “Brotherhood of Chairs”
- 2013-2014 – Shortlisted Ontario Writers Conference Story Starters (multiple entries)
FICTION IN PROGRESS/ACTIVE QUERIES
- Henderson – YA engaged with NYC agency
- Baited YA
- Stupid Tea
- Fishbaby –YA (Native Adoption – contains a Lifebook)
- Using 26 Letters: See Joe Write – a ‘how-to’ in fictional format co-written with Erin Staley.
- Little Brown Bird: White Beluga – Adult Fiction in memoir style.
- Sean Softly
- Deceptive Cadence
- The Truth about Chocolate
- Blood Sugar
- The Affective System of Ronnie MacDonald
- White Sound – Mexico
- Cardboard Casita
- Mistaken Identities
- Modern Day Butler
- First Day Of August
- Dear Jennifer